Have you ever lost access to your Facebook page or Business Manager account because someone hacked it or for another reason? If yes, here is how to regain ownership of your Facebook Page + Business Manager
Required Information For Facebook
Facebook requires you to write a notarized and signed statement that includes the items listed below and a copy of a valid government-issued photo ID like a driver’s license or passport. There isn’t an address per se to send these items to, but you can send these items in a chat to a Facebook representative.
- A description of your relationship to the page (including your authority to request a change in the person(s) who manage the page, as applicable);
- The name of the current person(s) who manage the page, as applicable;
- The relationship of the above person(s) to the page
- The Facebook account or email address associated with the Facebook account that you wish to have added as the new admin of the page; and
- An explanation of your request, and whether there has been a termination of the employment and/or business relationship with the named person(s), as applicable;
- All documentation supporting your request like a Business License or Certificate of Incorporation under the business page’s name to prove the requester’s authority over the business.
- A declaration under penalty of perjury that the information you have provided is true and accurate (your statement MUST include this language).
Claim Example – PDF’s Attached below
Here is an example to better understand how you should write yours to satisfy the Facebook representatives and help get your Facebook and Business Manager accounts back.
Facebook Page Claim – Honesty Declaration
I [FULL NAME], declare that I am the executive director of the company [COMPANY NAME] I own the only profile on Facebook – [FB profile link]
The company [COMPANY NAME] is represented on Facebook by the profile – [COMPANY PAGE LINK]
I do claim the above-mentioned Facebook page and I ask you to assign its ownership to my Facebook profile.
I had admin rights to the page until [DATE AND TIME]. This time I received an e-mail. Which stated that I was removed as a Facebook admin by [MORE INFO & SCREEN]
[EMPLOYEE NAME] is our former employee who was the only administrator of our Facebook page and Business Manager [her/his/their FB username is [EMPLOYEE PROFILE LINK] According to her/him/them, his/her/their account was hacked and she/he/they are not an admin of the page anymore. She/He/They are not willing to cooperate.
- Certificate of Incorporation
- My Personal ID
I hereby declare under penalty of perjury that the information I have provided is true and accurate.
[FULL NAME], [Job Title]
PDF Examples and Downloadables
You can talk to someone through FB Business help or via Facebook Business Support by using this link. However, if you need help with the process or are struggling in general, we at DMS are always here to help!