Video, TikTok, and Reels have become essential tools for most social media platforms when it comes to trying to build an audience and grow engagement/leads for your business. However, I know it can be hard to come up with ideas for videos, especially when we business owners are already busy enough as it is.
Whether you’re a service or product-based business, these various suggestions and tips will help give you a set of ideas that you can reuse to create a whole variety of video content for your business.
Service-Based Video Ideas
If your business is service-based, here are some ideas that would work best for you.
- Show Off Your Services – people will have a better chance of knowing the services you provide when you talk or show them in your videos!
- Before/After – will help build trust with your audience that your business is capable and knows what they’re doing.
- How-To / Advice Videos – there are many who love to learn, so don’t be afraid to share some tips or advice relating to your business/services.
Product-Based Video Ideas
With product-based businesses, there are so many types of easy, quick videos you can make. Here are a few of those ideas.
- Product Creating Process – not only do people love to learn something new, but they also love watching how things are made.
- Unboxing/Packaging Videos – remember the excitement you get when opening a new package? That’s kind of how it feels like watching someone else do it. So when you receive new supplies or are packaging your products to send off, don’t forget to record the whole thing!
- Promote Your Products – Like service-based businesses, your audience will know what you’re selling when you show them your products.
Video Ideas For All Businesses
A lot of content ideas can be interchangeable for service and product-based businesses. Here are a few listed below that you can use.
- “Behind The Scenes” – it’s fun to be able to take a deeper look at what goes on inside a business, so don’t be afraid and show off your workspace/brick and mortar, your team members if you have any, and fun day-to-day things like “5 things I can’t live without at work”.
- Client Testimonials & Reviews – Good testimonials and reviews can help build a trusting relationship between you and your audience/potential customers/clients.
- Personal Stories – every business has a story, and people want to know YOURS, so share how you got started, your failures, what you learned, and more.
You can do so many other content ideas, but the best advice I can give you overall is to talk to your audience and have fun!
Constantly coming up with new ideas for videos can be difficult. Even I sometimes struggle with what I should do for my reels. Hopefully, these suggestions will help spark new ideas for future videos. However, if you feel like you’re too busy to create videos for your business, DMS is here to help! Just visit our pricing page to see all the services we offer.